- Pittsburgh Resource Directory
- Member Resources
- Member Roster
- ASMP National
- Contact Us
April 13, 2010
Erica de la Vega
• Treasurer’s Report
• Money Market Account = $2647.37 balance. Earning ~$0.35/month from interest.. Voucher = $1480, Costco = $40, Checking = $167.
o Consider converting to regular checking account – Approved!
o Roy made motion, Chris seconded, all said Yay
• Need to get registration of last 2 programs to National (via Renee) from Kevin/Marc
o There is online registration but need to count walk-ins.
• Bat Pack Studios near Cranberry. For rent per job
o http://www.batpackstudios.com/ has prices
• Drupal courses via Lynda.com approved
o Course $50 for DVD, or $25/month online subscription
• Put costs to Programs so as to put Value to them.
• Increase membership.
o Prove the value of an asmp membership.
• Increase recognition and credibility.
o Join Chamber of Commerce, AIGA, Pittsburgh Ad Group, Small Business Association, PRSA, phone book – join as organization
o Attend benefits and other events hosted by other groups. Vote a member to represent ASMP and market our group to the other professional groups.
o Offer to be judges of community photo competitions
• Increase traffic to pittsburghasmp.org
o Art directors, art buyers, agencies
• New ASMP Pittsburgh website
o RSS feed of Strictly business blog on home page
o Meeting minutes as articles accessible on site
o Renee’s motion to let the website go LIVE! Chris seconds. All approve.
• Ning.com private social network
o Allows you to receive emails of forum
o Allows you to direct private communication to other members
o Allows you to block certain members
o Lets practice using it now and consider it for group use in the future
• List serve
o Moderation is necessary. Other ASMP forums have such rules and follow through with upholding them
o Chris made motion to adopt ASMP National rules. Vince Second. All in favor! http://asmp.org/articles/netiquette.html
o Board members are moderators.
• 8 Board members
• 5 out of 8 have to vote
• 3 out of 5 to approve action
• “The ASMP Show”
o Roy proposes to rename “The Object Show” so as to draw back recognition to our organization.
o Everyone should be allowed to show 3-4 portfolio pieces along with their photo of the object. Separate the portfolios from the objects.
o Make an email BLAST to all members to promote various events, including the Object Show
• Why do we need to generate money for the organization?
o Provide the ability to advance our organization and members. So we can afford to teach our members with workshops/seminars.
• What do our members want? What do they need? Survey?
o Photoshop courses
• Bring your photoshop tips & tricks to the group. Pay a fee of ~$10 to attend this little workshop.
• Must pay to show value!
• “Be Elitist” – Ed. Offer these workshops to just our members, not the public. Our programs must be engaging.
• However, we can offer certain workshops to the public – advertise on craigslist – and they pay an increased fee to attend.
o Digital Technology update
o Lightroom / Aperture
o HDR – zone system for Digital Photography!
o Ask ADOBE to offer to teach workshops. Get everyone in a group setting to bounce ideas and questions off each other.
o Call for Programs. Get feedback from membership about what they need to learn about.
• Board meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month with the exception of June 9, a Wednesday, which coincides with the ASMP Picnic.
• Gallery Crawl – Have object show images project on a building!!! Could be visible from Penn and Liberty.